Public Company Accounting Oversight Board: A Privew
Join CEI for this Preview Event put on by the Federalist Society in coordination with AEI!!
Attorney Hans Bader, 4 other Panel Members and Representative Tom Price
will discuss the legal and regulatory implications of the PCAOB case.
The American Enterprise Institute
Public Company Accounting Oversight Board: A Preview
On Monday, December 7, the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in
Free Enterprise Fund v. Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
(PCAOB). PCAOB, a private corporation created by the 2002
Sarbanes-Oxley Act, has authority to investigate public accounting
firms, to develop auditing and ethics standards for such firms, and to
impose sanctions on firms that fail to comply with PCAOB’s rules.
PCAOB’s members are appointed by the Securities and Exchange
Commission. The Court will consider whether the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
violates the Constitution by vesting members of the PCAOB with
significant powers without allowing the President appointment or
U.S. Representative Tom Price (Ga.) will provide introductory remarks,
followed by a panel discussion on the legal and regulatory implications
of the PCAOB case.
• Hon. Paul S. Atkins, AEI and former Commissioner, Securities and Exchange Commission
• Mr. Hans Bader, Senior Attorney and Counsel for Special Projects, Competitive Enterprise Institute
• Mr. Jeffrey P. Mahoney, General Counsel, Council of Institutional Investors
• Prof. Gillian E. Metzger, Columbia University Law School
• Mr. Michael S. Greve, AEI, Moderator
Thursday, December 3, 2009
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
AEI, Twelfth Floor
1150 Seventeenth Street, N.W.
There is no charge for this event. Please RSVP, as seating is limited.