May 2, 2017create a majority of new jobs and employ nearly 50 percent of the workforce. This week, we celebrate their contributions to the economy and...
May 1, 2017
It is a dark day for science-based regulation and anyone who wants to see fewer Americans die from tobacco-related diseases. In the early hours of Monday morning, Congress finally compromised on a budget deal, averting a government shutdown through September....
May 1, 2017
The Federal Register passed the 20,000-page last week, largely thanks to Friday’s 624-page edition. While most of the week’s new final regulations are either routine or procedural, they still range from rural phone calls to airplane batteries.
On to the data:
- Last week, 50 new final regulations were published in the Federal Register, after 43 the previous week.
- That’s the equivalent of a new regulation every three hours and 22 minutes.
- Federal agencies have issued 938 final regulations in 2017. At that pace, there will be 2,895 new final regulations. Last year’s total was 3,853 regulations.
- Last week, 1,399 new pages were added to the Federal Register, after 760 pages the previous week.
- The 2017 Federal Register totals 20,223 pages. It is on pace for 62,417 pages. The all-time record...