Monday, September 29
419 Dirksen Senate Office Building
RSVP - Nicole Hamilton, 202-331-1010, x 239
"The more people learn about global warming and the treaty proposals, the more they know there is no crisis calling for urgent action," commented Jonathan Adler, Director of Environmental Studies at CEI.
CEI and NCPA arranged this briefing to counter the public perception that there is any sort of a consensus on global warming. "Lowering living standards with an uncertain solution to an uncertain problem is not merely imprudent, it is wrong," Adler said.
The following experts will join Senator Hagel (R-NE) to dispel the notion that there is any sort of unanimity regarding global climate change:
- Dr. Roy Spencer, Senior Scientist at NASA
- Sallie Baliunas, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics/Marshall Institute
- Sidney Shindell, Professor Emeritus, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Glenn Schleede, Energy Market & Policy Analysis/National Consumer Coalition
- Frank Gaffney, Center for Security Policy