To President Donald J. Trump:
Don’t listen to the Swamp. Please keep your campaign promise to withdraw the United States from the U.N. Paris Climate Treaty and send it to the Senate for a vote.
President Trump should keep his promise to withdraw from the Paris Climate Treaty. The Paris treaty is a key part of President Obama’s war on America’s most affordable and abundant energy—coal, oil, and natural gas.
But the Washington Swamp and the United Nations establishment are fighting hard to change President Trump’s mind. These are not the people who voted to change the direction of the country.
The Paris Climate Treaty requires regulations that will force Americans to pay more and more for energy. Higher energy costs hurt hardworking American families, destroy jobs, and put our nation at a competitive disadvantage.
The Paris Agreement is a treaty. According to the Constitution, treaties require a two-thirds supermajority vote by the U.S. Senate.
The Paris Climate Treaty process was dishonest and unconstitutional. Congress has voted repeatedly against energy-rationing climate legislation time and again. A Senate vote against ratification will re-affirm this position.
*This petition was sent to the White House on Thursday, May 25, 2017.
- Saving Coal: Most Foolish Reason to Support Paris Agreement | Marlo Lewis
- White House Floats Excuses to Break Trump’s Promise to Cancel Paris Climate Treaty | Marlo Lewis and Christopher Horner
- Nixing the Paris Climate Pact | Christopher Horner
- Failure to Renounce Paris Climate Treaty Would Create Major White House Conflict | Marlo Lewis
- The Paris Climate Agreement is a Treaty Requiring Senate Review | Marlo Lewis