- About CEI
- Support CEI
Congressional Immigration Solutions Conference
Tuesday, May 01, 2012
10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Rayburn House Office Building "Gold Room" 2168
Legislative efforts like the DREAM Act, Legal Workforce Act, and numerous Comprehensive Immigration Reform bills have dead-ended. Neither amnesty nor increased enforcement will solve our immigration problems--so we are seeking new solutions with the help of experts and people who know the problem first-‐hand.
On Tuesday, May 1, Arizona Employers for Immigration Reform, the Competitive Enterprise Institute, and Texans for Sensible Immigration Policy will host a Capitol Hill conference where immigration and Our panels will feature a diverse range of law enforcement members, elected officials, activists, and policy analysts, who will offer numerous alternatives to the current stalled reform efforts. Please RSVP here.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
10 A.M. - 1 P.M.
Rayburn House Office Building “Gold Room” 2168
Registration Opens: 9:00AM
Opening Remarks: 10:00AM
• Norman Adams President and Co-founder Texans for Sensible Immigration Policy
• Ali Noorani, Executive Director, The Immigration Forum
• Sheridan Bailey, President, Arizona Employers for Immigration Reform
Panel 1 - Lessons From The Past Two Years: 10:15AM – 11:30AM
This panel presents the results of current research into the effects of recent state-level immigration laws including Arizona’s SB1070, Alabama’s HB56 and Georgia’s HB87, and broader contexts that should be considered when looking at the immigration issue.
• Eddie Aldrete, Senior VP, IBC Bank, San Antonio, TX
• Alex Nowrasteh, Cato Institute, Washington, DC
• Rev. Phil Reller, Los Angeles Filipino UCC, Los Angeles, CA
• Daryl Williams, Baird, Williams & Greer, Phoenix, AZ
• Angie Kelley, VP for Immigration Policy and Advocacy, American Progress, Moderator
Lunch: 11:30 – NOON
Panel 2 - Immigration Solutions: 11:45AM – 1:00PM
This panel focuses on new solutions to the immigration problem from the perspective of people who have to deal with life on or near the border on a daily basis. Presenters include law enforcement, business, faith and academic leaders.
• Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, Phoenix, AZ
• Dr. Doug Massey, Mexican Migration Project, Princeton, NJ
• Dr. Robin Hoover, founder, No More Deaths, El Paso, TX
• Todd Landfried, AZEIR, Moderator
Please RSVP here.