- About CEI
- Support CEI
Job Posting: Manager of Web Communications
The Competitive Enterprise Institute seeks a Manager of Web Communications to work with the organization’s communications staff and manage its online presence. This person will be responsible for packaging and promoting the work of CEI scholars for web audiences, both on CEI-owned web properties and on social media networks such as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. He or she will also have an opportunity to create content for CEI websites, blogs, and social network platforms. Chief responsibilities will include:
- Updating and editing CEI’s primary website and three policy blogs several times a day;
- Drafting original content for CEI’s website and blogs on relevant public policy issues;
- Engaging with online audiences on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other platforms, with a specific focus on increasing the organization’s followers/fans/subscribers;
- Working with CEI staff members to develop creative audio-visual works;
- Assisting in the production and promotion of CEI podcasts;
- Coordinating with the other members of the CEI Communications Department on press releases, events, and upcoming promotional needs;
- Maintaining a log of all CEI media hits.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A general understanding of basic public policy concepts and free market philosophy;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Experience using social media to engage and grow audiences;
- Basic familiarity with HTML and web-based tools, such as Scribed;
- Experience posting on and creating content with content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress and Drupal;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred candidates will have:
- A good understanding of Search Engine Optimization techniques;
- Experience with video and sound equipment and editing software;
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, InDesign, and DreamWeaver;
- Design ability, creativity, flexibility, and a willingness to learn.
This is a full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, two brief (1-2 page) writing samples, and a portfolio or examples of online work to Brian McNicoll at email@example.com.