Afternoon Links: December 13, 2010
1. Julian Assange–the complicated champion of transparency in the internet age–is now being taunted with his own digital footprint: a 2006 OKCupid profile.
2. Jack Shafer prefers the term “government option” to “public option” and recommends we rename Social Security “Government Ponzi Scheme.”
3. The DEA and the Thai police are going after a Thai drug lord with ads on beer coolers.
4. A French artist has fun with Facebook’s new profile.
5. After a San Francisco transgendered woman visited the DMV, a DMV worker tracked her down and harassed her about her sex change.