Afternoon Links: December 7, 2010
1. San Francisco’s favorite Santa was fired for cracking “inappropriate” jokes.
2. An online vendor arrested for harassing customers says Google’s search algorithm gave him incentive to do it.
3. DIY: A Trekkie converts an ordinary household door into a sliding spaceship door.
4. A casket manufacturer boosts profits by imitating Toyota’s manufacturing process.
5. The United States of America, according to Google’s autocomplete.
Photo Credit: Kevin Dooley’s Flickr Photostream