Afternoon Links: December 9, 2010
1. Don’t donate Harry Potter or Twilight toys to the Salvation Army! Instead of being given to needy children, the toys will be disposed of because they “are not in line” with the charity’s Christian principles.
2. EU officials are criticizing the Czech Republic for making gay asylum seekers go through a sexual arousal test before being granted asylum.
3. Four New York women — three of them former city employees — are facing charges for stealing $8 million in food stamps.
4. A Cyprus Hill back-up singer is suing the makers of Grand Theft Auto for using his life story as inspiration for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
5. This ink cartridge description is either a brilliant advertising gimmick or an insane rant by a bored employee–either way, well done!
Photo Credit: Sigismund von Dobschütz