1. Scientists have released genetically-modified mosquitoes in the Cayman Islands to fight dengue fever.
2. A proposed Alabama rule would prevent certified nurses from providing pain relief to patients.
3. Is The New York Times mocking its own readers?
4. A special-education teacher once named “Teacher of the Year” was suspended for being caught on tape lamenting how difficult it is to fire bad teachers.
5. A Michigan couple is suing the school district for violating the state’s Civil Rights Act. They say their daughter was traumatized when a teacher read aloud from a book about slavery that contained the N-word.