1. A man in Kenya built an airplane in his backyard. (There’s video.)
2. Climate scientists are outfitting seals with monitoring equipment to help gather information on the effects of climate change.
3. Gary Johnson: “As Barry Goldwater said when the policy was first put in place, a fundamental tenet of conservatism is that government should stay out of people’s private lives — and out of the impossible task of legislating morality.”
4. Volunteers allow robots to punch them . . . for research.
5. The Daily Beast tracks the evolution of Gordon Gecko’s value system from 1987’s Wall Street to 2010’s Wall Street 2.