1. In an attempt to push Fox and Cablevision to settle their programming-fee dispute–which has resulted in blackouts of MLB playoff games–the FCC tweeted score updates during Game 3 of the Phillies-Giants series.
2. David Arquette beats up “Big Oil” in a bizarre ad opposing Prop 23.
3. In the wake of recent violence, no one wanted the job of Police Chief in a Mexican border town with a population of 10,000. So a 20-year-old female criminology student volunteered for the position.
4. If you’re a drug addict in the U.K., a private non-profit group will pay for your birth control or sterilization.
5. Why are women leading the tea party movement?