Afternoon Links: October 26, 2010
1. Atlantic readers calculate whether a plane would be too heavy to fly if it were outfit with power outlets at every seat.
2. As funding for public broadcasting comes under new scrutiny, PBS responds to criticism that they appeal to an elite minority of the population.
3. How did a Girls Gone Wild lawsuit spark a legitimate legal battle over free speech?
4. If you’ve ever had trouble getting a tape measure to stay put while you measure furniture, the free market has now solved your problem.
5. A new contraceptive gel for women is undergoing early trial tests and is showing to have far fewer side effects than the birth control pill.