1. Frito-Lays dumped their eco-friendly SunChips bags after consumers complained about the loud crinkling noise of the new material. (Facebook users even started a group called, “Sorry But I Can’t Hear You Over This SunChips Bag.”)
2. More U.S. cities are taxing or banning plastic shopping bags.
3. The D.C. Board of Elections and Ethics has ended their weeklong experiment with online voting. Officials had encouraged hackers to give the voting website their “best shot.” One University of Michigan professor instructed his students to do just that. His students succeeded in altering the website so that it played the U. of Michigan fight song after every vote was cast.
4. Dave Weigel’s new Slate column is about how “conservative critics of conservatism are explaining the conservative comeback.”
5. The Atlantic has an interesting slideshow on the estimated net worth (in today’s dollars) of each U.S. president.