In this week’s episode we cover the legislative record of House of Representatives in 2023, the proliferation of conferences about ESG investing, the sketchy status of the carbon offset market, and why it’s time for humans to go back to the moon. Our interview this week is with Nicholas Anthony, a policy analyst at the Cato Institute. We talk about the prospects and perils of a central bank digital currency in the U.S., including privacy concerns, monetary stability, and the prospect for political abuse via social credit policies.
- Free the Economy Episode 52: (De-)Regulating Tech and AI with Adam Thierer
- Free the Economy Episode 51: Making Congress Work with Kevin Kosar
- Free the Economy Episode 50: Centers of Progress with Chelsea Follett
- Free the Economy Episode 49: The Future of Energy and Environmental Policy with Travis Fisher
- Free the Economy Episode 48: Making College Pay with Preston Cooper
- Free the Economy Episode 47: Getting out of Control with Neil Chilson
- Free the Economy Episode 46: Personal Finance and YouTube with Spencer Johnson
- Free the Economy Episode 45: The Trouble with Big-Government Conservatives with André Béliveau
- Free the Economy Episode 44: Polling Capitalism with Karlyn Bowman
- Free the Economy Episode 43: Creating the Future with Jim Pethokoukis
Join us next week when our guest will be Betsy Sanz of the Institute for Justice.