In this week’s episode we talk about commuting via bicycle, regulatory reform legislation from Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL), the new book on capitalism by German historian Rainer Zitelmann, and a review of The Breakthrough Institute’s recent Ecomodernism 2023 conference. Our interview this week is with Commissioner Hester Peirce of the Securities and Exchange Commission, recorded earlier this year at the CEI Summit in Lake Tahoe. Our conversation covers financial regulation, climate change, principles of administrative law, and the SEC’s rulemaking agenda on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investing.
- Free the Economy Episode 40: Threats to Economic Freedom, Then and Now with Iain Murray
- Free the Economy Episode 39: Unemployment That Works with Matt Darling
- Free the Economy Episode 38: Supreme Court Preview with Ashley Baker
- Free the Economy Episode 37: Freedom and Conservatism with Avik Roy
- Free the Economy Episode 36: Defend Your Points and Miles with Bryan Bashur
- Free the Economy Episode 35: The ESG Agenda with Jack McPherrin
- Free the Economy Episode 34: Permitting Prosperity with Daren Bakst
- Free the Economy Episode 33: Federal Trade Commission Failures with Kimberlee Josephson
- Free the Economy Episode 32: Government Rules Behind a Paywall with Patrick McLaughlin
- Free the Economy Episode 31: Reforming the States with Carrie Conko
All of our interviews are also available for viewing on YouTube.