Friday Regulation Roundup
Government does more wacky things than anyone could possibly write about in any detail. Listed here are just a few that I dug up over the course of the week. If you have more, I’d love to hear about them.
– 206 occupations require licenses in New Jersey.
– Federal money is paying for a museum exhibit called “Race to the End of the Earth.” (Note: the earth is round.)
– In the market for a new air conditioner? Act fast, because new regulations are on the way.
– The federal government pays for a website that monitors jellyfish sightings.
– Fear not: the federal government has a Potato Research and Promotion Plan.
– Last year, the feds started a Dairy Industry Advisory Committee. Let the rent-seeking begin!
– And finally: 2,000 House staffers make $100,000 or more per year.