Global warming round-up
Lots of global warming-related stories you may have missed:
- Threat of Kyoto is leading to wholesale deforestation in New Zealand.
- U.N. climate talks aren’t going anywhere.
- IPCC chief says it will be very difficult to limit temperature rise to 2 degrees C.
- Irish emissions rise.
- France opposes binding targets on renewable energy use.
- Scientific paper that suggested Gulf Stream slowdown was based on a trivial error.
- More evidence of the effect of solar variability.
- Cap and trade schemes around the world aren’t working.
- UK likely to miss its emissions reduction targets.
- Shipping contributes twice as much to emissions as aviation.
- The Internet (who invented that?) is using more and more energy.
- Why a leading French atmospheric scientist and socialist politician recanted.
- Leading evangelicals concerned that global warming alarmism is diverting National Association of Evangelicals staff from “the great moral issues.”
- Environmentalists (rightly) concerned at rush to Ethanol.
Phew! Enjoy the reads!