Here are some tidbits and links you may have missed:
- “Deniers” vs “Alarmists” in a debate in NYC tonight
- More calls for individual carbon rations
- German scientists call EU emissions reduction plans deceptive
- John Edwards to purchase
indulgencesoffsets for his campaign
- Global warming blamed for great cockroach migration
- … so it’s no wonder it makes Daredevil actress Jennifer Garner cry
- Petroleum industry faces worker shortage
- … so it’s a good job the nuclear-powered car is almost here
- Complex global warming lawsuits may be ‘hot new litigation frontier’
- Coke seeking alternative sweeteners following ethanol driven spike in corn syrup prices
And finally, two intrepid explorers have called off a trek to the Arctic designed to raise awareness of global warming because of the extreme cold:
The explorers, Ann Bancroft and Liv Arnesen, on Saturday called off what was intended to be a 530-mile trek across the Arctic Ocean after Arnesen suffered frostbite in three of her toes, and extreme cold temperatures drained the batteries in some of their electronic equipment.
“Ann said losing toes and going forward at all costs was never part of the journey,” said Ann Atwood, who helped organize the expedition.
So there you have it – going forward at all costs isn’t part of the journey