Some of the stranger recent regulatory happenings:
- A new regulation related to the health care bill takes 18 pages to define what a full-time job is.
- Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, is mulling a dog ban to revitalize its business district.
- If you’re getting a driver’s license in New Jersey, don’t smile.
- Who will watch the watchers? In Prince George’s County, Maryland, police are setting up surveillance cameras to keep an eye on other surveillance cameras.
- Real estate developer cleans up 40 tons of trash from vacant lot, city threatens prosecution.
- Fukyu, a Montreal sushi restaurant, was ordered to take down its signs due to its potentially offensive name. In Japanese, fukyu is not a vulgarity, but rather a martial arts term.
- Another TSA agent is facing child pornography charges.
- New Jersey is mulling requiring dogs to wear seatbelts.