Some of the stranger regulations I’ve dug up recently:
- In Delaware, it is a felony to wear a disguise while committing a felony.
- In New Orleans, it is illegal to inflate meat.
- In England, it is illegal to turn off someone else’s lamp if you’re both on or near a city street.
- In Connecticut, it is illegal to use a white cane unless you can’t see it.
- Minnesota regulations prohibit washing Teflon-coated cookware with abrasive sponges.
- In Indiana, it is a class B misdemeanor to dye birds and rabbits.
- Vertical integration has been a regulatory no-no for a long time. In 16th century England, it was illegal to be both a tanner and a currier.
- If you’ve ever been in a duel, you may not work as a first responder in Kentucky.