The 5 Most Horrifying Halloween Monsters from Washington
If the current federal regulatory state doesn't scare you, then nothing will. So for Halloween, we decided to make our own list of the top 5 most horrifying monsters from Washington, D.C. It just so happens that vampires and federal regulators have many haunting similarities.
1. Environmental Protection Agency – Put out draconian new carbon dioxide and ozone restrictions that will take a nasty bite out of Americans’ access to affordable energy.
2. Dodd-Frank(enstein) – Unleashed powerful monster regulators who enshrine “too big to fail” banking and hurt access to capital that would support businesses, jobs, and economic opportunity.
3. Frightful Labor Regulators – The Labor Department and National Labor Relations Board are pushing poisonous new regulations that harm entrepreneurs, innovators, flexible work arrangements, and investors.
4. Export-Import Bank – is an expired corporate welfare monster being resuscitated by Congress.
5. Transportation Security Administration – Deployed invasive body scanners in airports nationwide without going through rulemaking steps required by law.
If you want to learn more about the federal regulatory state, check out our often-cited annual report: Ten Thousand Commandments.