If the current federal regulatory state doesn't scare you, then nothing will. So for Halloween, we decided to make our own list of the top 5 most horrifying monsters from Washington, D.C. It just so happens that vampires and federal regulators have many haunting similarities.
1. Environmental Protection Agency – Put out draconian new carbon dioxide and ozone restrictions that will take a nasty bite out of Americans’ access to affordable energy.
2. Dodd-Frank(enstein) – Unleashed powerful monster regulators who enshrine “too big to fail” banking and hurt access to capital that would support businesses, jobs, and economic opportunity.
3. Frightful Labor Regulators – The Labor Department and National Labor Relations Board are pushing poisonous new regulations that harm entrepreneurs, innovators, flexible work arrangements, and investors.
4. Export-Import Bank – is an expired corporate welfare monster being resuscitated by Congress.
5. Transportation Security Administration – Deployed invasive body scanners in airports nationwide without going through rulemaking steps required by law.
If you want to learn more about the federal regulatory state, check out our often-cited annual report: Ten Thousand Commandments.