Join CEI experts for a lunch discussion of the recently published Free to Prosper. This biennial report provides concrete legislative proposals for every area of CEI research. Scholars will discuss the pro-growth impacts of removing tariffs and de-scheduling cannabis and share key strategies for regulatory reform in finance, environmental, and transportation policy.
Monday, February 4, 2019
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
(Lunch will be served)
Russell Senate Office Building
Ben Lieberman, Senior Fellow
Michelle Minton, Senior Fellow
Iain Murray, Vice President for Strategy and Senior Fellow
Daniel Press, Policy Analyst
Marc Scribner, Senior Fellow
Every two years, CEI releases Free to Prosper: A Pro-Growth Agenda for Congress. With over 160 pages of specific policy proposals, the report is a useful tool for legislative staff. The agenda is forward-looking. Together, we can use these ideas as a starting point for government reforms that encourage entrepreneurship and innovation.
Panel topics will include:
- What is the appropriate role of the federal government in regulating cannabis? How should it interact with states that have legalized for medical and/or recreational purposes?
- What are the impacts of tariffs on American workers and consumers? Is it possible to “win” a trade war?
- What is the future of transportation? How can we utilize technology to move people and goods more efficiently and effectively than ever before?
- What are the impacts of environmental regulations? Do they actually solve the problems that they target? Do their benefits justify their costs?
- What has been the impact of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau since its creation? Has it made things better or worse for consumers?
Get Information About Upcoming CEI Events
Sign-up to receive news and information about CEI events all year around.
We’d Love Your Feedback
Please let us know how a recent CEI event went. Be sure to include details!