CEI’s mission is to reform America’s unaccountable regulatory state. We develop and advocate policies to eliminate harmful bureaucratic controls so people can live in a freer, healthier, and more prosperous nation.
Our vision is a society thriving without unnecessary government burdens, where property rights are secure and Americans are free to prosper.
Who We Are
Founded in 1984, the Competitive Enterprise Institute is America’s leading advocate of regulatory reform on a wide range of policy issues. We fight for less regulation, more freedom, and fairness for all. Our proven comprehensive approach to advancing public policy turns policy proposals into concrete reforms by:
About the Role
CEI seeks an Editor to assist its Managing Editor in all aspects of the organization’s in-house editorial process. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of professional experience in a similar role. They should be comfortable dealing with vendors, be highly organized, and possess an eye for detail. The position will report to the Managing Editor, who is a remote employee on the west coast. The Editor will be expected to work out of CEI’s DC office with allowance for one day’s work from home per week.
- Managing day-to-day relationships with vendors such as printers and layout artists
- Be the primary editor of all philanthropy collateral materials (e.g. weekly emails, annual report/achievement report, prospectus, reports written for major grants, and major proposals)
- Doing some in-house layout and layout editing
- Copyediting and proofreading, including of Congressional testimony
- Assisting the Managing Editor with other editorial process tasks as they arise
- 2-4 years of experience in communications, editing, journalism, or an equivalent field
- Experience working with vendors is a plus
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking
- Hands-on experience with MS Office and Adobe or other publishing tools
- Excellent written skills in English
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with others
- Can prioritize and multitask
- Knowledge of libertarian thought, especially economic ideas
- Passion for CEI’s mission
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your philosophical interest in advancing CEI’s mission, why the position interests you, how your experience has prepared you for this position, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Outreach Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.