I’ve started a new Facebook discussion on if/how advocates for free markets can work with the new administration. Sen. Obama claims to respect free markets, but he advocates many policies that would restrict markets.
- Government-Run Health Care
- Income Tax Increases
- Capital Gains Tax Increases
- Estate Tax Increases
- The Employee Free Choice Act (euphemism for banning secret union ballots)
- Banning Oil Exploration/Drilling
- Taxing Energy via a Kyoto-style system
Do believers in the free market have reason for hope facing such a set of policies? Should give we give up or do we also have reason to say “Yes We Can”?
Let us know your opinion on Facebook.