Think the world’s economy can be managed by political leaders and experts? The rate at which the world is changing and at which our knowledge is increasing demands a decentralized system—better known as free markets.
Check out this video by Karl Fisch, Scott McLeod, and Jeff Brenman which includes several interesting facts such as:
- China will soon be the number one English speaking country in the world
- If MySpace were a country it’d be the fifth largest country in the world
- 31 billion Google searches are done each month, up from 2.7 billion in 2006
- The first commercial text message was sent in 1992, the total sent each day now exceeds the entire human population of Earth
- It took radio 38 years to gain an audience of 50 million, it took Facebook only 2 years
Here’s a link to the video in Windows Media Video format, please comment if you find a Flash version that can be embedded.