Enjoy a fresh batch of regulatory bloopers:
- In Belvedere, California, “No dog shall be in a public place without its master on a leash.” Think about that for a minute.
- It is against the law to eat more than three sandwiches at a wake in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Tennessee law specifically forbids catching fish with a lasso.
- It is illegal for St. Louis, Missouri, firefighters to rescue a woman if she is wearing a nightgown.
- In Providence, Rhode Island, drugstores are allowed to sell toothpaste on Sundays, but not toothbrushes.
- In Ohio, it is illegal for donkey riders to go faster than 6 miles per hour.
- In Tennessee, it is illegal to buy or sell cotton after dark.
- It is illegal to slurp your soup in New Jersey restaurants. You can be arrested, fined, and even jailed.