A fresh batch of regulatory bloopers:
- Rochester, New York, prohibits children from walking on tight-ropes.
- Police officers in Maine are not allowed to arrest dead people.
- If you’re in Helena, Montana, never tie a horse to a fire hydrant. It’s against the law.
- Massachusetts law forbids frightening pigeons.
- It is Alaskan state policy that “emergencies are held to a minimum and rarely found to exist.”
- If you don’t return your books to Salt Lake City, Utah, public libraries within a month, hide. You can be arrested.
- You need police approval to own a burglar alarm in Pinecrest, Florida.
- Bees may not enter Kentucky without certificates of health.