Some of the stranger regulatory goings-on of late:
- A school bus company was fined $90,000 because its bus drivers spent too much time idling. The company will also have to pay for $348,000 worth of environmental projects.
- Nova Scotia is mulling banning glassware from bars for safety reasons. Regulators believe plastic cups are safer.
- “Two Seattle men say they spent more than two hours in a detention center at the Canadian border after U.S. border agents discovered illegal chocolate eggs in their car.”
- The Netherlands is considering fining inaccurate weather forecasters.
- A Virginia farmer is facing fines for selling eggs and hosting a birthday party.
- Canada is facing a stripper shortage due to a newly-strengthened visa policy.
- Buckyballs are now illegal.
- Food, radio, and gazing may all become illegal for drivers in Bowling Green.