I, Whiskey: The Human Spirit
Awards | Watch Parties | Media | Contact | Bonus
I, Whiskey: The Human Spirit is a story about what we can accomplish when we’re free to create and innovate. It’s a celebration of human ingenuity and the market – how these forces have brought people together and shaped both whiskey and society for ages. From the distillers to the restaurant owners to everyone in this room, commerce is human connections. It brings us together and gives us products that we love and enjoy.
The story of whiskey is a story of entrepreneurs, scientists, and bootleggers and the whiskey they produce—a rebel spirit renowned for its individuality and colorful history. Whiskey is a distinct spirit—it is science, chance, time, risk, ingenuity, love, intensity—all in a glass, when it’s done right. Please join us in celebrating human creativity and craft by sharing the I, Whiskey story. Cheers to the makers!
Support I, Whiskey through a donation to the Competitive Enterprise Institute.
- Excellence in Commercial Filmmaking: Anthem Film Festival (July 22, 2017)
- Gold Award, Education Production: TIVA-DC Peer Awards (November 12, 2016)
- Award of Excellence, Documentary: Southern Shorts Awards (January 14, 2016)
- Award of Distinction, Music: Southern Shorts Awards (January 14, 2016)
- Award of Distinction, Production Design: Southern Shorts Awards (January 14, 2016)
- Best Editors, Erin Michelle Kruger and Lucas Abel: Southern Shorts Awards (January 14, 2016)
- Award of Distinction, Stefan Wiesen – Cinematography: Southern Shorts Awards (January 14, 2016)
- Award of Distinction, Pip Gilmore – Directing: Southern Shorts Awards (January 14, 2016)
- Award of Distinction, Erin Michelle Kruger and Lucas Abel – Editing: Southern Shorts Awards (January 14, 2016)
- Award of Excellence, Pete Penebre – Audio: Southern Shorts Awards (January 14, 2016)
Want to host a watch party? Sign up here! We'll send you our Watch Party Kit with tips and suggestions for making the most of your viewing experience.
Join fellow whiskey lovers from around the world who have been celebrating I, Whiskey. Show the film in your home, office, or favorite gathering place and toast to creativity, ingenuity, and the human spirit. Don’t forget to share your event on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram using #iwhiskey.
Requests for interviews and the I, Whiskey press kit should be directed to Mary Beth Gombita at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ScottishField – Short film ‘I, Whiskey – The Human Spirit’ is now available to watch on YouTube
- Chilled Magazine – “I, Whiskey: The Human Spirit” Film Debuts
- Whiskey Informative – CEI Debuts New Film: ‘I, Whiskey: The Human Spirit’
- RealClear Radio Hour – Whiskey—A Higher Spirit
- The Lars Larson Show - Talking about the film I, Whiskey: The Human Spirit w/ executive producer Richard Morrison
- The Daily Caller – Another Shot At Free Market Advocacy
- Investor’s Business Daily – ‘I, Whiskey’: Free Markets And The Human Spirit
- Reaction – I, Whiskey: celebrating the virtues of freedom and cooperation
- The Alcohol Professor – I Whiskey, Do You?
- Instapundit - I, Whiskey: The Human Spirit
- Huffington Post - New short documentary, “I, Whiskey,” is captivating, thirst-provoking
- Powerline - Whiskey and Freedom
- Wine Compass - How do you whiskey? I, Whiskey: The Human Spirit
- Modern Distillery Age – I, Whiskey – A Documentary Film
For more information or to get involved with CEI’s I, Whiskey project contact: Amanda France or call (202) 331-1010.
I, Whiskey could not have been made without all of the support from our families, friends, and fans around the world. A special thanks goes to:
- Our 107 Indiegogo donors that helped us raise more than $80,000 for this project. See campaign.
- Passing Lane Films and their team who put the film together.
- Catoctin Creek Distillery, Copper Fox Distillery, and Jack Rose Dining Saloon who provided the perfect backdrops and engaging interviews for the film.
More in this film series: