Human Achievement Hour is CEI’s annual celebration of human progress and will be held on Saturday, March 25, 2017, from 8:30 – 9:30PM GMT, or your local time. During Human Achievement Hour, we pay tribute to human innovations that have allowed people around the globe to live better, fuller lives, and defend our basic human right to use energy to improve everyone’s quality of life.
New Human Achievement Hour content for 2017
- Harm-Reducing Tobacco Alternatives Are a Human Achievement by Michelle Minton for OpenMarket (3/21)
- Human Achievement of the Day: The Written Word by Ryan Young for OpenMarket (3/22)
- Let’s Make a Commitment to Human Ingenuity by Angela Logomasini for OpenMarket (3/24)
- Don’t Remain in the Dark: Celebrate Human Achievement by Angela Logomasini for The Huffington Post (3/24)
Saturday, March 25, 2017
8:30 – 9:30 PM
(in your time zone)
Please celebrate Human Achievement Hour by sharing your favorite human achievement that makes your life better on Facebook and Twitter!
Ways to Celebrate:
- Use your phone or computer to connect with friends and family
- Watch a movie or your favorite television show
- Drink a beer or cocktail
- Drive a car or take a ride-sharing service
- Take a hot shower
- Or, in true CEI fashion, celebrate reliable electricity that has saved lives, by bringing heat and air conditioning to people around the world, and keep your lights on for an hour
Learn more about Human Achievement Hour here.