SIGTARP has a variety of duties including describing the catogories of purchases made by the Treasury, a listing of the assets, explain the purchases of the Treasury Secretary, listing institutions receiving funds, producing detailed biographies of asset managers, listing insurance contracts as well as estimating purchases, obligations, expenditures and revenues of the TARP.
Most importantly, the Treasury Secreatary must describe why they enacted a particular program.
REPORTS: Quarterly s. 121(f)
SIG authority comparisons.pdf
- (877) SIG-2009
- Online SIGTARP Hotline Form
- 02/06/09 – Initial Report to the Congress
- 02/24/09 – Testimony Before the House Committee on Financial Services Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
- 02/11/09 – Testimony Before the Senate Committee on The
- 02/05/09 – Testimony Before the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- 2/05/09 – Hearing Transcript – Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- 2/05/09 – Video: Hearing before the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
Audit and Special Reports
- 02/05/09 – Use of Funds Request Letter
All responses to the SIGTARP "use of funds" request are due within 30 days. The last request went out on Wednesday, February 11, 2009.
- 01/28/09 – Treasury Adopts SIGTARP Recommendation