Free the Economy podcast: Transparency for government, privacy for people with Brian Hawkins
In this week’s episode we talk discuss Tim Carney’s view on why big government is good for big business, Stone Washington on the troubling mission creep at the Securities and Exchange Commission, Dan King on protecting Georgia property owners from getting their property seized, and Alec Stapp and Pat Hedger on the puzzling bus project in Los Angeles known as “La Sombrita.” Our interview this week is with Brian Hawkins of People United for Privacy. We discuss government transparency, confidential donor lists, the IRS, state attorneys general who leak information, and the ongoing legacy of the famous civil rights case NAACP v. Alabama (1958).
- Free the Economy Episode 21: Letting People Prosper with Vance Ginn
- Free the Economy Episode 20: Freedom Is Intoxicating with Jacob Grier
- Free the Economy Episode 19: Grow for Tomorrow with Adam Millsap
- Free the Economy Episode 18: Smart Urbanism with Max Dubler
- Free the Economy Episode 17: Political Fusionism with Stephanie Slade
- Free the Economy Episode 16: Tar Heel Activism with Brooke Medina
- Free the Economy Episode 15: Eco-Modernism and Abundance with Alex Trembath
- Free the Economy Episode 14: Conservative Economics with Dominic Pino
- Free the Economy Episode 13: The Future of Online Privacy with Spencer Purnell
- Free the Economy Episode 12: Consumer Welfare and Big Government with Patrick Hedger
Join us next week when our guest will be Prof. Richard Salsman of Duke University.