This week we talk about the drama with Silicon Valley Bank and the proposal from Wayne Crews for an Abuse-of-Crisis Prevention Act, how to protect retirement savings from political mismanagement, and the constitutional limits on federal agencies like the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Our interview this week is with Patrick Hedger of the Taxpayers Protection Alliance. We review what the Federal Trade Commission has been doing on competition and antitrust policy and size up the threat from government censorship of online media platforms.
Thanks to everyone for listening to and sharing the podcast. If you like the show, please leave us a review and follow us on Twitter. You can also find the video of our interview segments on YouTube. Links to the summaries of our most recent episodes are below.
- Free the Economy Episode 11: True Diversity and Economy Opportunity
- Free the Economy Episode 10: Legalize Jobs
- Free the Economy Episode 9: Unconstitutional Taxation
- Free the Economy Episode 8: Crypto and ESG
- Free the Economy Episode 7: Economics for Everybody
- Free the Economy Episode 6: The Cultural Impact of YouTube
- Free the Economy Episode 5: Corporate Purpose and ESG
- Free the Economy Episode 4: Entrepreneurship and Equality
- Free the Economy Episode 3: Washington’s 10,000 Commandments
- Free the Economy Episode 2: Defending the American Dream
- Free the Economy Episode 1: Deregulating Abundance
Stay tuned next week for Episode 13 when we’ll be interview Spencer Purnell, Director of Technology Policy at the Reason Foundation.