In this week’s episode we talk about the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s legal fate, rising economic might in India, terrible federal policy on sugar, and how the rising cost of regulation is eliminating affordable homes and cars from the market. Our interview this week is with Competitive Enterprise Institute research fellow Sean Higgins. Our conversation covers the current United Auto Workers strike, the impact of the shift to electric vehicles, the future of the US auto industry, and the history of federal labor regulation.
- Free the Economy Episode 41: Financial Regulation and ESG with Hester Peirce
- Free the Economy Episode 40: Threats to Economic Freedom, Then and Now with Iain Murray
- Free the Economy Episode 39: Unemployment That Works with Matt Darling
- Free the Economy Episode 38: Supreme Court Preview with Ashley Baker
- Free the Economy Episode 37: Freedom and Conservatism with Avik Roy
- Free the Economy Episode 36: Defend Your Points and Miles with Bryan Bashur
- Free the Economy Episode 35: The ESG Agenda with Jack McPherrin
- Free the Economy Episode 34: Permitting Prosperity with Daren Bakst
- Free the Economy Episode 33: Federal Trade Commission Failures with Kimberlee Josephson
- Free the Economy Episode 32: Government Rules Behind a Paywall with Patrick McLaughlin
Join us next week when our guest will be Jim Pethokoukis, senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and author of the new book The Conservative Futurist: How to Create the Sci-Fi World We Were Promised.