Free the Economy Episode 10: Legalize Jobs with Shoshana Weissmann
Welcome back to the Free the Economy podcast. In this week’s episode we talk about Mercatus Center’s Michael Farren’s case for the abundance agenda (a case Josh Bandoch and I have made ourselves), a Washington Post report on social media “deinfluencers,” the House Financial Services Committee and its agenda on Securities and Exchange Commission oversight and ESG investing, why Tucker Carlson is wrong about the supposed benefits of protectionism on the blue-collar workforce, and the need to manage coastal flooding with insurance markets. Our interview this week is with policy analyst and sloth enthusiast Shoshana Weissmann of the R Street Institute. We discuss the problem with state occupational licenses and make the case for why it should be legal to get a job without permission from the government.
Thanks to everyone for listening to and sharing the podcast. If you like the show, please leave us a review and follow us on Twitter. You can also find the video of our interview segments on YouTube. Links to the summaries of our most recent episodes are below.
- Free the Economy Episode 9: Unconstitutional Taxation
- Free the Economy Episode 8: Crypto and ESG
- Free the Economy Episode 7: Economics for Everybody
- Free the Economy Episode 6: The Cultural Impact of YouTube
- Free the Economy Episode 5: Corporate Purpose and ESG
- Free the Economy Episode 4: Entrepreneurship and Equality
- Free the Economy Episode 3: Washington’s 10,000 Commandments
- Free the Economy Episode 2: Defending the American Dream
- Free the Economy Episode 1: Deregulating Abundance
Stay tuned next week for Episode 11 when we’ll be interviewing Patrice Onwuka, director of the Center for Economic Opportunity at the Independent Women’s Forum.