Welcome back to the Free the Economy podcast. In this week’s episode we talk about Adam Millsap’s proposal to encourage abundance with a new world’s fair, Jim Pethokoukis’s refusal to hate on stock buybacks, analysis from Rich Lowry and Michael Brendan Dougherty (collected by Andrew Stuttaford) on the apparent decline of corporate virtue signaling, and Ryan Bourne’s take on the failures of Viktor Orban’s nationalist economic policy in Hungary. Our interview this week is with Competitive Enterprise Institute senior economist Ryan Young. We cover unemployment, economic growth, income inequality, and how to actually raise living standards for regular Americans.
Thanks to everyone for listening to and sharing the podcast. If you like the show, please leave us a review and follow us on Twitter. You can also find the video of our interview segments on YouTube. Links to the summaries of our most recent episodes are below.
- Free the Economy Episode 6: The Cultural Impact of YouTube
- Free the Economy Episode 5: Corporate Purpose and ESG
- Free the Economy Episode 4: Entrepreneurship and Equality
- Free the Economy Episode 3: Washington’s 10,000 Commandments
- Free the Economy Episode 2: Defending the American Dream
- Free the Economy Episode 1: Deregulating Abundance